Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna
Made from real Western Red Canadian Cedar
Our infrared sauna combines beneficial infrared rays with the therapeutic beauty of visible light using chromotherapy in every sauna session. By eliminating the sun’s harmful UV rays, you can experience a safe, restorative sweat session that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. The far infrared heat surrounds you and penetrates skin, muscles, joints, and tissues to increase circulation, speed up oxygen flow, and help rid the body of harmful toxins. Using our IR saunas helps to remove impurities from your cells, specifically the cells inside our fat where our body stores waste and toxins such as cholesterol and heavy metals.
Detox the body
- Infrared sauna heat increases your blood circulation to help stimulate the sweat glands, releasing built up toxins in the body which can then be eliminated by the liver and bowel. Regular infrared sauna sessions can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of accumulated highly toxic metals such as lead, mercury, nickel, alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds.
- As you relax in an infrared sauna, your body is actually hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood, and burning calories. As your body increases sweat production to cool itself, your heart will work harder to pump blood at a greater rate to boost circulation. This increase in your metabolism will burn calories all while you relax, as well as long after your session ends.
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular use of an infrared sauna imparts a similar stress on the cardiovascular system as that of running, and regular use may be as effective a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories as regular exercise.
- The deep heat that occurs during an infrared sauna session helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. The heat from the sauna also helps to reduce soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms as muscle joints and fibers are heated. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion. Infrared heat helps to relieve muscle tension and thereby helping your body to make the most of its intended healing abilities.
- The profuse sweating achieved during your 40-minute infrared sauna session carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells. This leaves the skin glowing and immaculately clean. Increased circulation draws your skin’s own natural nutrients to the surface. As a result, you will see improved tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color. Increased circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. The appearance of cellulite can also be reduced.
- Not only are infrared saunas relaxing, but the chromotherapy available in each session has sleep inducing benefits as well. Blue, for example, is a mentally relaxing color that has a pacifying effect on the nervous system encouraging great relaxation. It is ideal for sleep problems. Relaxing, soothing blue rays combined with infrared heat bring great calm and peace to the mind that is worried, excited, or in a constant nervous state. In time, these therapies can improve natural Melatonin and other sleep related hormone levels to help you get better sleep naturally.
- Infrared sauna sessions raise your core temperature. This elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating increases your overall health and resistance to illness. Not only will you come out of every session glowing on the outside, but you’ll also be stronger on the inside.
Sauna use and etiquette:
- We recommend bringing a large bottle of water with you. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after sauna use.
- While in the sauna, it is best to be nude or wear light clothing. The infrared light will not travel through heavy fabrics. Always sit or lay on a towel.
- Be prepared to sweat! It is best to come in free of body lotions, moisturizers, and deodorant. After your session we recommend wiping your skin with the wet eucalyptus towel provided prior to getting dressed.
- Place all used towels in the basket provided.
- Please keep the noise level down as there may be other services in progress in nearby areas.